2010 42 Porters Road Kenthurst - Heritage Impact Statement A view of 42A Porters Road which is separated from 42 by a road reserve including a strip of vegetation on the boundary. [Sue Rosen] LocalSocial HistoryLandscapeSydney - NorthernSydney - WesternHeritage Assessment Author: Dr Sue Rosen Client: Private Client The object of this heritage impact statement was to examine the impact of the construction of an addition, extension and construction of a balcony and Alfresco Terrace on the nearby heritage items, although the client's property itself was not listed. Kenthurst in the early 1800's had no official name, however became known in the following decades as Little Dooral (Doole, Dural). The first settlers in this area were timbergetters. Until 1858, no land was officially purchased in Little Dooral. In the mid 1860's portions of land began to be purchased for orchards. Portion 56, the land on which No 42 Porters Road now stands, was officially granted to John James Parr on 7 February 1905. The property was passed down throught the Parr family and subdivided multiple times up until the mid 1970's. The current owner purchased the property in the 1970's.